1/9/12

this isn't a "best of" list || 2011 ||

You may remember my anti "best of" list from last year, so the time has come to revisit this list for 2011. Again, these aren't necessarily my favorite songs or even songs that came out in 2011, but they still mean something special to me & are beautiful & are worth citing.

20 Most Significant Songs of 2011
18. Hold On - SBTRKT

This list keeps getting more & more difficult to make. There are so many great songs & I stress out that I'm going to miss something special. As was before, each of these songs has a special memory associated with it & I love that I have this blog as a space to keep a record of them.

In addition to these 20 songs, I really couldn't write this post without mentioning Jamie XX's Essential Mix on BBC Radio 1. His 2 hour set is hands down the best piece of music I heard in 2011 & the amount of times I've replayed that mix is almost embarrassing. Sprinkled above, you can see that I've pulled out some songs from the set, but as a whole it is just phenomenal. Do yourself a favor & take a listen HERE.

Once again, 2011 was a stellar year for music & I've already gotten my hands on some great stuff in 2012. I hope you enjoy my list above & I'd love to hear what some of your favorites were.

xoxo

(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment