6/29/15

i was there || hot chip


Show: Hot Chip

Location: Turner Hall Ballroom
Milwaukee, WI

Date: 5.31.15

Favorite Song: I've said it before + I'll say it again but I really enjoy hearing "Flutes" in a live setting. Namely because those guys do this adorable little macarena-esque dance while the perform.

Memorable Moment: I got to spend the day wandering around Milwaukee with my boyfriend + two of my very closest friends so that in itself was memorable enough. Topping the night off by visiting a new venue in a still pretty new-to-me city made it perfect.

Biggest Letdown: I had a great time but this was not my favorite Hot Chip set ever. Maybe it was because I am still warming up to Huarache Lights but it didn't quite do it for me the way other sets have.

This Show: reminded me how fun it is to get out of Chicago for concerts, even if it is just Milwaukee. There is something special about taking in new places + spaces. I've pretty much visited all of the Chicago venues to exhaustion by this point. Turner Hall was certainly a special venue. I could never be that close to a stage without even trying in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment