11/8/12

i was there : squarepusher

Show: Squarepusher
Mount Kimbie

Location: Metro

Date: 11.3.12

Favorite Song: Mount Kimbie really blew me away musically speaking, so I would go with "Before I Move Off." It actually sounded like there was an old, off-tune piano in the room. Very cool. Definitely foresee many chill nights in with Mount Kimbie as the soundtrack.

Memorable Moment: Talk about stimulation overload. Squarepusher was nuts + a total all-out experience. His music is enjoyable (not necessarily my favorite) but the whole night was an experience I'm glad I didn't miss out on.

Biggest Letdown: Having to leave a bit early because it really was overwhelming. I honestly thought I might go blind after that display of lights.

This Show: Again, can't describe it any other way than an experience. Not what I typically want get out of a musical performance, but it was fun. Also, Mount Kimbie totally won me over. I had liked their music before, but they're really meant to be heard live. Also, the advertiser in me loves their photo montage branding. Even their Facebook page looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment