7/20/11

i was there : pitchfork (friday)


"CMYK" - James Blake


Show: Pitchfork
Tune-yards
Battles
Thurston Moore
Curren$y
Guided By Voices
Das Racist
Neko Case
James Blake
Animal Collective

Location: Union Park

Date: 7.15.11

Favorite Song: Personal highlight of the day was sitting in the shade, eating cheese fries & listening to "CMYK" by James Blake. Magical.

Memorable Moment: Guided By Voices is a sight to see, but you better do it fast! Those dudes are old & I can only assume that they're also injury prone.

Biggest Letdown: I was really looking forward to seeing Animal Collective live for the first time as I assume many others were since they were the headliner. The performance was fine, I guess, but a little lackluster (not including the stage decor) for a Pitchfork headliner. I would love to hear others' thoughts on this one...

This Show: Was my 3rd festival of the year, but only the first in Chicago for the season. I love Chicago festivals, so it was a good feeling to walk into those gates on the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment