3/1/12

complement

When I think of a perfect pairing, The xx & SBTRKT just might be it. As a music lover, I feel like I've hit a bit of a lull lately in terms of new music, but two that I just keep going back to are The xx & SBTRKT. It came as quite the pleasant surprise when my Facebook feed was filled with SBTRKT postings from The xx Facebook page.
The xx are back in the studio for what I can only imagine will be the best junior album of all time. They've been posting songs that have inspired them in this record-making process to Facebook, so seeing SBTRKT as a prominent influence only confirms my suspicion about how truly great this album will be. Jamie Smith, of The xx, has also revealed that club music was also influential to development of the album. The album is likely to come out in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment