3/2/12

i was there : porter robinson + ingrosso

Show: Porter Robinson + Sebastian Ingrosso

Location: The Congress 

Date: 2.25.12

Favorite Song: "Calling" is a pretty good tune

Memorable Moment: I've been a little bit slow through the starting gates with concerts this year. I feel like I'm in a weird transition stage between what I used to like & what I currently like. I'm also trying to be more cognisant about mostly seeing people I've never seen before or haven't seen in a while. Still, walking into a concert venue is something I always look forward to & never say no to.

Biggest Letdown: I was not a fan of Porter Robinson much at all. Just because you remix Daft Punk + everyone loves Daft Punk doesn't mean you're a good DJ. I really hate to bad mouth up & coming artists, but I saw nothing extraordinary from his performance & the transitions from song to song were sloppy. I will not need to see another performance from him again.

This Show: Made me... Sad? Confused? Angry? I had a good time at the show, I just don't really like this EDM "scene" anymore. Maybe it's the hipster in me that feels the need to be somewhat progressive & unique, but to me, dance music is starting to lose it's appeal. I've thought a lot about why this might be & I guess my strongest argument would be that when anything gets too popular (like EDM has), it becomes less about the actual art & appreciation & more about it being the "cool" thing to do. Now, it's cool to give drugs to 17 year olds & let your daughters show up to concerts in lingerie (not an exaggeration). I guess this part mostly makes me sad ...& makes me want to move on to other things.

(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment