7/17/13

i was there || wavefront music festival

Show: Wavefront Music Festival
Audion | Benoit + Sergio | Danny Tenaglia | Derrick Carter | Fatboy Slim | Guti | Guy Gerber | Hot Natured | Jamie Jones | Justice | Magda | Maya Jane Coles | Nico Jaar | Pat Mahoney | Rusko | Scuba | Shit Robot

Location: Montrose Beach

Date: 7.5.13-7.7.13

Favorite Song: Chalk it up to girl power but I very much enjoyed Maya Jane Coles set. Comfort is a superb album so hearing bits of those tracks was a total treat. I've got a lot of respect for this chick.

Memorable Moment: That view. I mean hard to top a sunset like that on the beach while all of the top DJs are playing.

Biggest Letdown: Wavefront tried to get too big too fast. The crammed in the stages + as a result the sound was pretty awful at times. I think a lot of festival goers respect the fact that less is more sometimes. This was definitely one of those instances.

This Show: Is still one of my top festivals. The lineup is unmatched in Chicago currently. I think it fits well with the cities history too.

No comments:

Post a Comment