3/10/11

i don't want that kind of girl

A friend told me about "Dances Fantastic" by Neva Dinova a few years back & I absolutely loved the song. I never really took the time to check out more of their music & that is probably a bad decision on my part. I guess I'll have to add it to the never-ending to-do list I've got going.

I did, however, just learn that Neva Dinova is one of the many talented indie groups signed to the Saddle Creek Records out of Omaha. Back in college when I was heavy into Bright Eyes, The Faint, Rilo Kiley & Cursive (all under Saddle Creek Records) I purchased the DVD "Spend an Evening with Saddle Creek." It was an interesting documentary about the record label & the overall music scene of Omaha, but as far as I know, Neva Dinova never got a reference in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment