3/14/11

an introduction

The xx  have been in heavy rotation this week. I love the whole album, but I think I just finally realized how amazing their intro is. Seriously, what a strong start to an album. It kind of makes me sad that it only lasts for 2 minutes.

On a somewhat (but not really at all) related topic, I had quite a proud moment this weekend during my St. Patty's Day festivities -- I went to a party with about 4 friends out of about 50 that were there. I'm not the most outgoing person, but when I started hearing song after song of mediocre music, I couldn't help but intervene. I powered up my iPod & got the party going. I met a couple people as a result, got some compliments & was informed that I was probably the only one who wouldn't get booted off of DJ duties. It was a good icebreaker & quite a proud moment for me :)

Oh, & if you were wondering where the connection to The xx was, I learned that Hood Internet was a huge hit at the party. I didn't play it, but "XX Gonna Give It To Ya" is a great one!
=

No comments:

Post a Comment