5/2/11

something to get excited about

It's that time of the year, kids -- festivals are approaching & lineups are being announced. Most recently was Lollapalooza's 2011 lineup. I've heard a lot of conflicting opinions on the lineup, & I myself am a little confused.

I will be at Lollapalooza & I will be entertained they whole time. My concern is that there really isn't any "wow" factor. A lot of the artists that I am most excited for have already come through Chicago within the past year, so it doesn't really feel all that special to see them at Lollapalooza. Then, there is the argument that all of the same artists seem to be performing at every festival across the country. Why is Lollapalooza any better than Kanrocksas?

I have a pretty wide spectrum of a few more artists that would make the festival a little more worth while (for me at least):

David Bowie - "Life On Mars"
Justice - "D.A.N.C.E"
Daft Punk - "One More Time"
Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."
Outkast - "Ms. Jackson"
Magnetic Man - "I Need Air"
Sigur Ros - "Hoppipolla"
Sufjan Stevens - "Chicago"
Underworld - "Born Slippy"
Discovery - "So Insane"
Bon Iver - "Blood Bank"
Santigold - "L.E.S. Artistes"
Aeroplane - "Superstar"
Chemical Brothers - "Galvanize"
Mylo - "In My Arms"
Mickey Avalon - "Jane Fonda"
Booka Shade - "Night Falls"
Polish Ambassador - "VNex"

Pretty damn random, yes, but aside from me desperately wanting to see all of those acts, I think there are some good/fun names in there that would draw the crowds even if they haven't been around for a while or are lesser known. 

*Please note: this list is heavily skewed towards my likes. If you don't agree, get your own blog ;)

(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment