10/10/11

i was there : foster the people

Show: Foster the People

Location: The Riviera

Date: 10.5.11

Favorite Song: I'd probably pick the opener, "Houdini," but I also really like "Helena Beat" because the first few chords sounds like Ratatat.

Memorable Moment: Foster the People took a moment to explain that in each city they visited they would pick a charity to donate a portion of their proceeds to. They also called out that it doesn't take much to make a big difference in the world. It's pretty great to see that type of optimism & generosity from a young group of guys.

Biggest Letdown: I had a hard time getting into this show. I think I was more excited for Foster the People months earlier & I probably would have been better off selling my extra ticket. They sounded perfectly fine, but it just didn't quite do it for me. Regardless, I think these guys have potential in the future.

This Show: Made me feel like I was at a concert with a lot of people that don't go to concerts often. I think 99% of their energy went into hearing "Pumped Up Kicks" & not a lot else.

No comments:

Post a Comment