10/2/11

i was there : the walkmen + fleet foxes

Show: Walkmen & Fleet Foxes

Location: Chicago Theater

Date: 9.30.11

Favorite Song: This is somewhat unconventional, but I just loved "Hang On Siobhan" from The Walkmen. It's kind of funny because I have never really taken notice of the song in the past, nor have I listened to it in probably 5 years. This song just reminded me of the most perfect music box. Part due to the ballerina backdrop of the stage, but mainly it was the slow & ethereal sounds coming through the speakers. It was really beautiful.

Memorable Moment: I had no intentions of going to this show, but when I got a text from a friend with an extra ticket an hour & a half before the show started I just couldn't say no (concerts are my Achilles heel). I'm not super into Fleet Foxes, but I used to be big into The Walkmen back in high school. I hadn't thought much about The Walkmen in a long time, but hearing Hamilton Leithauser's characteristic vocals in the Chicago Theater was pretty special. I wish I could've heard more from them.

Biggest Letdown: I was sleepy. Fleet Foxes sounded great & their harmonization was really impressive, but I couldn't stop a case of the yawns by the end of the show.

This Show: was unexpected & nostalgic. There is also something really special about seeing a concert in the Chicago Theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment