12/19/11

i was there : bon iver

Show: Bon Iver

Location: UIC Pavillion

Date: 12.9.11

Favorite Song: So many good ones, but "The Wolves (Act 1 & 2)" won out for sure. If you remember, this song would be featured in the soundtrack to my life & I've been feeling pretty close to having said breakdown, so it was perfect. On top of that, this was the one sing along of the night as Justin asked everyone to sing the "what might have been lost" portion that occurs just before my favorite musical explosion of all time. It was moving.

Memorable Moment: Honestly, I had never really realize how many people compromised Bon Iver & was surprised to see so many on stage. After some thought, I realized this was silly of me - they create so much sound that all of the guitars, drums, saxophones, violins, trumpets, etc. made complete sense. The set was really great, but I also really enjoyed some of the solos they featured; in particular, the violin solo.

Biggest Letdown: I was hoping that they might have used some of the visuals from their Bon Iver video accompaniment, but no such luck. 

This Show: Was a big check off of my list & was absolutely as beautiful as I had anticipated. Their music produced those vibrations in my chest & I think that might be one of my favorite feelings ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment