12/19/11

i was there : ryan adams

Show: Ryan Adams

Location: Cadillac Palace Theater

Date: 12.11.11

Favorite Song: Ryan played a 3hour set (!!!), so I got to hear a good collection of my favorites & from all across his career. To name a few - "If I Am a Stranger," "Firecracker," "Crossed Out Name," "Come Pick Me Up," & cliché, but probably my favorite, "Dear Chicago."

Memorable Moment: Talk about one perfect birthday surprise from one perfect guy! This show sold out immediately, so I was really bummed to learn I wasn't going. I totally said this in passing months ago, but sure enough, my awesome boyfriend was able to snag a pair of tickets. It was the best gift I could ask for.

Also... "This song is about death. Everyone in this song is dead. Apparently I was really well adjusted when I wrote it."Oh Ryan, I love how weird you are.

Biggest Letdown: There's still a few songs that I'm waiting to hear live, like "La Cienga Just Smiled" & "Dear John," but I get it, I can't hear them all. Otherwise, this show was amazing.

This Show: Was so comforting. Some people get very surprised when I tell them how much I love Ryan Adams. He tends to be a little country, which I typically hate, but his music just means so much to me & calms me down. My taste in music totally fluctuates, but he has been a constant for a while. All of his albums get my nod of approval & his live sets get the double nod. 

No comments:

Post a Comment