6/29/12

things i'm afraid to tell you

This is a bit of an uncomfortable post to write, but sometimes stepping out of your comfort zone can be one of the best things you can do for yourself. Case & point:
Several bloggers that I really enjoy & respect have participated in a project called "Things I'm Afraid to Tell You" in which they share a few of their deepest, darkest secrets. These ladies have thousands of followers compared to my daily average of like 15 page views, so really, what do I have to lose? Although this is a bit awkward, it does kind of feel like a load off my shoulders. I really like myself, but I'm human & have a few (just a few) faults like everyone else. So without further adieu, here they are...
1. If you make me feel rushed, I will freak out. Bad. I think it stems from my hatred for being late, but 9 times out of 10 I'm going to hyperventilate if you push me to be somewhere when I don't have enough time to get ready. I hate this, but I also am aware so I really try my best to avoid these situations.

2. I cry easily. I like to say that I just have a big heart & that is why I'm so sensitive, but really I just hate it so much when I disappoint myself & others.

3. I'm not very good at making friends. My excuse has always been that going to an all-girl high school has scared me away from females, but sometimes I fear that I am just too closed off and awkward. I can hold a conversation with most anyone, but I have a hard time really connecting & forming an actual friendship. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a huge entourage of girlfriends, but most of the time I'm very much okay with my friend situation. I have a lot of different interests & can usually find someone to keep me company whether it be an indie concert, brunch at a new spot, a day at the beach, or a  EDM festival. It's not for everyone, but it usually works out pretty well for me. I am a firm believer in quality, not quantity, & my random crew is top notch.

4. I don't know what I'm really good at & that constantly makes me feel like I'm on the wrong path. I'm average at a lot of things & even above average at a few, but I can't name that one thing that I feel like I'm actually pretty talented at. I tell myself that these are normal thoughts for a 25 year old & that I've gotten myself on a pretty good path so far, but it can still get frustrating/scary.

So, you tell me...what are some things you're afraid to tell others?

No comments:

Post a Comment