12/20/12

this isn't a "best of" list || 2012 ||

Another year, another list. I'll go through my regular spiel to begin:

I'm not Pitchfork. As much as I like to think that I do, I don't listen to every album that comes out + on occasion, there are going to be some pretty great artists + songs that fly under my radar or don't get the attention they deserve until a year or two (or more) later. This list is not just new songs + may not necessarily even be my favorites, they just meant a lot to me this past year.

On that note, I'd also like to follow up with one of my favorite quotes from earlier this year:

"We know that rating music -- listening to it + calling one album better than another album -- is a fool's errand. Taste in art is purely subjective. Just because my ears happen to like something more than your ears doesn't make that something better than something you say you like."
-Paul Shirley

20 Most Significant Songs of 2012
6. "Insane" - Flume (Featuring Moon Holiday)
8. "Reunion" - M83 (Mylo remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment