4/24/13

i was there || bonobo

Show: Bonobo
Shigeto

Location: House of Blues

Date: 4.20.13

Favorite Song: I don't think anything could top "Kiara." Hearing it live was so so beautiful. It made all of the hard work of finding a ticket worth it. I also think I'm going to have some new favorite songs from Shigeto coming out of that show. That guy was phenomenal. I've always liked drummers.

Memorable Moment: Craigslist angel aside (that sold me my ticket for face value no less), I was just blown away by how all of the instruments worked so well together. And Jack Baker? He was absolutely nasty on the drums. I just love the combination of producers + live instruments. I'd be happy if every show was just like that.

Biggest Letdown: This is just me being lame again, but I was way too tired to make it out to the DJ set at Primary, so I'm kind of bummed I missed out. At least I got to see the better of the two performances. Or so I assume.

This Show: was honestly just what I needed. I had a bit of a weird morning + really fought hard to find a ticket because I knew it would make me feel better. And it did just that. Bonobo is seriously impressive live. I had lots of smiles that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment