4/11/13

james blake || life round here



By now I hope that all of you have listened to James Blake's new album, Overgrown. I was the lucky duck that got my first listen last Friday. It is everything I hoped for + more. Claude walked in on me listening to it for the first song + asked me if I needed a moment alone. I was kinda into it to say the least.

 Most of my favorites from the album like "Digital Lion," "Voyeur," + "Retrograde" were previously released, but the whole album really does deserve a good listen. I also love his work with RZA on "Take A Fall For Me." It definitely adds something new. I felt similarly with Purity Ring's "Grandloves" + their work with Young Magic. "Life Round Here" is insane as well.

I just hope that someone can grab him for a festival this summer. I'll be in Costa Rica so I won't be able to make it to his show at the Metro. You have to assume he'll be back though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment