7/10/15

303 || the entry

I moved into my boyfriend's mostly empty place a little over a month ago now. Some progress has been made, but progress has been slow. I've been mostly okay with this (because my bank account is forcing me to be) but I do love having everything put together perfectly at home. 

The part that is driving me the nuttiest right now is the wall paint. You can see in the photo below but it is this ugly dark beige color which when paired with our very 90's shiny maple cabinets makes me want to vom. The paint will have to wait a few more months unfortunately. I bring this up because until the backdrop is complete nothing is going to look all that great in here. Patience, grasshopper...
This is NOT our furniture. It belongs to the former owners.

The good news is that aside from the painting, most of the progress that has been made is in the form of large purchases. I have the sofa, dining table, rugs, etc purchased. Now comes the smaller pieces + styling -- which to me is the fun part!

The Entry 
Although we will spend the least amount of time in our front entry, it is the first thing you see when you walk into the unit so I would like it to look nice. It's also the smallest + least overwhelming part of the condo so I'm hoping it is an easy one to tackle.

The Challenges
 - The space between the floor + the bottom of the door is minuscule. Finding a stylish rug that is thin enough so that won't be caught in the door every time it is opened + closed will be tough.

- There is a lack of outlets on the wall where our console sits. I would love to have some kind of lamp or wall sconce over here but I'd have to figure out a work around. Do they make battery powered lamps?

The Plans

This is the general vibe I'm going for (pending my "landlord's" approval). Artwork, styling, etc will be different, of course, but I love this general palette against a clean background.  I'm heartbroken that the Anthropologie Abate Slatted mirror is no longer available. I knew I should have jumped on that. Maybe it will come back in stock? I have that West Elm rug on back order, however I am worried it won't work given challenge #1. Plans are meant to change, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment