5/7/10

hidden gems -- lincoln park










Chicago may not be as fashion forward as some of the cities on the East or West coasts, but in the last (almost!) five years that I’ve been here, I’ve found my fair share of quaint little shops with great items for sale.

One of my favorite neighborhood spots is this wonderful home & clothing store called Art Effects. Art Effects is literally right next to the Armitage Brown Line stop at Armitage and Bissel, and conveniently close to my home.

I love browsing through their clothing, but I really love their home décor selections. This shop is almost always my first stop if I’m looking for gifts for virtually anyone & any occasion (Mother's Day shopping anyone??). The shop has little sections for many different types of hobbies – cooking, gardening, travel, music, cocktails, etc.

Here’s a look at some of my favorite Art Effects picks:



Blume Glass Bottle -- They have many varieties of these. They would look so cute grouped together! ($12)

Owl Umbrella Stand -- What a great sight when you enter your home. ($165)

Amen Salt & Pepper Shakers -- They have such a fun collection of salt & pepper shakers, but I really loved this pair. ($32

America Retold Slate Memo Board -- I love the trend towards chalkboard walls, but that can be quite a commitment. I think this chalkboard and stand could look great in any room. ($72)
Jonathan Adler Small Fontana Bowl -- It's Jonathan Adler. Enough said. ($98)

Chase LA Journey Tee -- Art Effects has really fun t-shirts! I especially love their concert, college, and Chicago inspired shirts. ($42)

The Major Bib Necklace -- This would be a great way to add color to my very black & white inspired wardrobe. ($75)

Square Monogrammed Ring -- I never wear rings, but I love this option. It would make a great gift. ($195)


Epice Navy Umbrellas Scarf & Epice Beach Ball Scarf -- Perfect accessories for Spring & Summer! ($218 & $159)

Stop in if you get a chance!

Art Effects
934 West Armitage Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 929-3600

No comments:

Post a Comment