5/28/10

kitty art

My parents inherited my brother's outdoor cat, Kitty (my brother is very creative), when he moved to Chicago. I was wary of her at first, but she's been an interesting addition to our family for the last 8 years or so. This little one is a 7-pound killing machine. Seriously, she hunts everything she can get her claws on. Totally fearless, this one.

I giggled when I saw this beautiful globe from Alastair Mackie because it is made completely from mouse skulls. Kind of creepy, but kind of cool -- and done totally to Kitty's aesthetic.

Here's an explanation of how the skulls are found:

"Having swallowed its prey whole, the owls digestive system will extract any nutrition. The indigestible parts are then regurgitated as a compressed pellet. From these the skulls are extracted and the sculpture is built."

Sorry if that makes you regurgitate a little of your own. I think it is pretty awesome and beautiful.

(photos via My Love For You Is A Stampede Of Horses)

No comments:

Post a Comment