5/27/10

flying solo

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned a 4-hour delay on the way to San Francisco that resulted in a wonderful upgrade. Well, United Airlines just keeps moving their way up my favorite people list. In addition to my fabulous first-class experience, they offered me a $150 credit towards a future flight as a way to make up for my delay. Oh the possibilities...


As much as I've loved my past two trips to Aspen and San Francisco/Napa with my fabulous friends, I'm really kinda craving a getaway by myself. Is that weird? 


I keep picturing myself on a warm, sunny beach with a tropical drink in one hand & a book in the other. I could spend my afternoons wandering to flea markets & farmers' markets. I could spend hours walking around and taking photographs. Sounds perfect.


As wonderful as that sounds, I think come evening I might be craving some company at dinner. Plus, it's probably not the best idea for a 23-year-old chick to be wandering around foreign place. I guess my task is to find someone that is enjoyable to be around, but is as capable of entertaining his or herself as well as I am. The search begins...


In the meantime, here are some things I would take with me:


via Asos


via Anthropologie
(I absolutely love mallots, but I get this feeling that my future-self will hate my current-self for opting out of a bikini while I'm still in decent shape. Oh well, I still love to look at them.)


White looks so beautiful against tan skin, so I would save these for the end of the trip:
via J. Crew

via Salinas

    What about you? Have you or anyone you know ever traveled alone? My crazy/adventurous best friend just traveled to Australia to see a guy she's only met twice. I was on edge the whole time she was there, but it sounds like she had the time of her life. Kind of makes me want to be a little bit more adventurous.


    (top photo via Rockstar Diaries)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment