9/26/11

i was there : north coast music festival - saturday

Show: North Coast Music Festival - Saturday
Big Gigantic
Future Rock
Major Lazer
Rusko
Carl Cox
STS9
Fatboy Slim

Location: Union Park

Date: 9.3.11

Favorite Song: There is something about Rusko's "Hold On" that just does something special for me. It is a pretty sensual song, so they hip gyrating comes quite naturally. I say that's a good thing.

Memorable Moment: Who knew that Fatboy Slim would be the one to steal the weekend? It reminded me of last year when Moby was one of the acts to dominate North Coast. These guys might be older + somewhat out of the game, but they for sure know how to bring it + get the crowd going.

Biggest Letdown: Not sticking it out for more of STS9. Like I said, Fatboy Slim put on a show + it was hard to pull myself away. I only hope STS9 makes the rounds back to Chicago soon.

This Show: Was more high energy than Friday night. I had never before seen Future Rock, STS9 or Fatboy Slim, but I was quite impressed with all 3. That's the sign of a successful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment