9/20/11

renegade rundown (pt. deux)

I walked away from the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago without making any purchases, but I did snag a handful of business cards for consideration.  The 2011 Renegade Craft Fair brought several of the same vendors from the previous year, including: Uncommon, Hip Huts & Bettula, as well as some other goodies that I didn't remember from the previous year. The list is a little longer this year, but here are my favorites:

Yellow Lion
I most certainly foresee one of these prints in my future. They tie into my Western theme & the cool colors fit my color scheme perfectly.

I especially love Bekerman's use of both silver & gold in her pieces. Having both makes adding other accessories easier to do.


Shapes & Colors
Shapes & Colors produces some fantastic Navajo-inspired prints. This navy pillow is my favorite.


Coatt
I thought this was so clever - morse code jewelry! The necklace above spells out "Lover," but you can create custom pieces as well.


The Elizabeth Element
I really wanted to snag one of these stools, but nearly all of them were sold out. I'm going to keep checking the shop regularly though because there really is a difference between a good cut of wood & a great cut of wood.


Larken
I'm not sure I have the best home for these prints, but I thought there was something pretty awesome about these vintage mugshots.


Lucius Art
Again, I'm probably not the target audience, but these animal prints made me giggle. This shop is a must for hipster cat owners.


Zero Bird
What a great gift idea for any young, urban Chicagoan.


Baumbirdy
Baumbirdy was one of my top picks for invitations & paper goods. The calligraphy is superb.


Lauren Haupt
What I love most about Haupt's pieces is that they are so simple & delicate. These are pieces you could wear every day.

The one item I seriously considered purchasing (& am kinda bummed I didn't) was this print from the lovely Debbie Carlos

I originally had my eyes on another one of her prints, but I am now about 99% positive I will pull the trigger on the one above instead. She had a framed version at the tent & it looked really nice in a frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment