11/14/11

essential

Being extremely busy with work means that having a non-fussy soundtrack is essential to productivity. Enter: Jamie xx's Essential Mix. It's been in my rotation since it's August 27th release, but I've had to have listened to the 2 hour long program about 10 times last week. It is phenomenal, I cannot get enough, & I credit it for keeping my sanity.

Each time I listen I pick out something new I love, but I really want to highlight three tracks in particular that are really pleasing my ear drums:
"Orbital" - Belfast

This song lays a perfect groundwork for what's next to come in this two hour mix - not too heavy, but definitely interesting.
"Lost In Tokyo" - Koreless

I feel like the title of the song is so appropriate, because you do kind of get lost in it.
"Slow Burn Treason" - Holly Miranda

I'm a sucker for good lyrics & pretty voices, so Holly Miranda totally strikes a chord with me:

Wake up & you're next to nothing
But the weight of the world is on your side
Most days you don't even notice
But that's a lie

No comments:

Post a Comment