11/29/11

gifted || the art aficionado

As an art lover myself, I'd say the best gift you can give an art aficionado is picture frames. I'm talking frames of every shape & size, but probably of the same color. 

See, the thing with art is that it's very subjective. Generally speaking, I would be way too afraid to pick out art for anyone in fears that it might not be their style. Plus, that's the fun of it anyway; gifting frames is like the gift that keeps on giving. You've got one crucial step of the art buying process completed, but the fun stuff (ie. picking out the actual art) is left all up to the recipient.

I suggest hitting up your local flea market, Ikea, or craft store for a nice selection.

Want to take it a step further? Why not frame a gift certificate to a site like 20x200.com, which houses thousands of affordable pieces of art for one's purchasing pleasure.

(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment