11/8/11

5 happy thoughts (re-visited)

Way back in July of 2010 I made a pledge to record 5 different things that made me happy each day. I know that sounds super lame, but it was one of the best routines I ever got in. I kept it up pretty well through April of 2011, but then got lazy, or unhappy, or something along those lines & quit for a bit. 

I stumbled upon my lists a few weeks back & not only did they make me extremely happy, but they reminded me of some little details of my life that would have otherwise been long forgotten. 

I've picked this little habit back up so I can remember just how I felt when the Cardinals won the World Series, or when I received a sweet text from someone special, or when I had a particularly amusing convo with my mom, and all that other good stuff. It also reminds you that there is always some good, even on the most miserable of days. 

I highly suggest trying this out yourself. I think you'll smile when you look back on those little moments that amount to one amazing life.

(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment