11/9/11

junior


Never in my life did I think that a song called "Intro" would be one of my favorites, but The xx changed all that for me. I could listen to this song on repeat forever. I love it so much so, that I think a slightly slower, live version of this would be beautiful to walk down the aisle to if & when I get married.

I'm sure everyone has heard the good news by now, but The xx is coming out with their second album & they even have a new blog to document the process. They've taken a little break since the 2009 release of their senior album, xx, but Jamie xx has kept himself busy in the meantime.

Jamie xx collaborated with the late Gil Scott-Heron on We're Here Now, produced one stellar EP, & developed perhaps my favorite Essential Mix to date (more on that later today). His talents have only grown since the release of xx and I'm more than confident that he will help lead their second album in a great direction. I for one am confident to announce that this is my most anticipated album of 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment