4/19/12

i was there : sbtrkt

Show: SBTRKT

Location: House of Blues

Date: 4.7.12

Favorite Song: SBTRKT was as spot on as I expected & every song really was enjoyable. I've always kind of loved "Hold On" & the energy during the performance was so great that I think that it might have to make the top of my list.

Memorable Moment: While I like elements of hip hop, straight hip hop isn't necessarily my favorite. That being said, Chicago's own Rockie Fresh joining SBTRKT for "Never Never" was pretty impressive. This kid  is only like 20-years-old too. The crowd definitely had fun with this one.

Biggest Letdown: Maybe it was the venue, or maybe it was the 6'5" giant in front of me, but at times the crowd felt a little disappointing. SBTRKT killed it & I wish that the crowd could have reciprocated with a little more movement. Also, while Willis Earl Beal, the opener, had a quite impressive voice, I just didn't see the fit as an opener for SBTRKT.

This Show: Only partially satiated my need to see SBTRKT live. Don't get me wrong, the show was wonderful in my mind & I enjoyed what I saw of Aaron Jerome last Summer at NCMF, but I already want more. Luckily, my concert guardian angel is looking over me & is bringing SBTRKT back to Chicago for Lollapalooza in a few short months.

No comments:

Post a Comment