1/24/13

rumor mill

Most festivals will be releasing their lineups over the next couple of months, but the real fun is in speculating which artists will be headlining each festival. Of course there is going to be the obvious few main acts (Phoenix, Postal Service, The xx, + isn't Avicii pretty much always guaranteed to headline some place?), but the part I'm most excited for is those acts that come out of left field. Any guesses on who that might be? My wish is for someone to nab Jamie xx solo.

There's a lot of rumors flying around, but two rumors (apparently from credible sources) I'm quite excited about are The Knife at Pitchfork + Disclosure at Lollapalooza. I also took a gander at some of the confirmed artists for festivals like SXSW, Primavera, + Sonar + pulled together a lists of artists I'd love to see make it through the Chicago festival circuit. Some I've seen before + some I'd love to see again...

James Blake | Four Tet | Flume | Yeasayer | Polica | Nicolas Jaar | Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs | John Talabot | Lindstrom | Todd Terje | Darkstar | Fantastic Mr Fox | Alt-J | Scuba | Poolside | The Walkmen | Daphni | Django Django | Mount Kimbie |          SBTRKT | Benoit + Sergio | Frank Ocean | Tycho

I'm sure I forgot a few, but this would be a great start.

via

No comments:

Post a Comment