2/23/10

sugar & spice & everything nice

I was browsing though sfgirlbybay's blog yesterday and saw a link to the NPR article that argued that macaroons were the new cupcake. I'm going to have to disagree with NPR and side with sfgirlbybay on this one. Cupcakes rule and they always will.

I'll admit, macaroons can be quite cute and make for great decorations, but they don't offer the same flavors and versatility as cupcakes do. Plus, there's nothing I love more than sweet little cupcake shops.
Chicago has its fair share of cupcake shops, but none compare to Sweet Mandy B's at Webster and Racine. I made a trip last week to Sweet Mandy B's to celebrate Fat Tuesday with a friend. What better way to celebrate th holiday, right? I opted for a dreamcicle cupcake, while she went with a banana and chocolate chip cupcake. I think my favorite Sweet Mandy B's cupcake remains to be the carrot cake cupcake or plain vanilla cupcake with chocolate icing. Yum!

Here are some photos of the new renovations at Sweet Mandy B's. It's such a sweet place to sit and talk with friends.
If cupcakes aren't your thing, Sweet Mandy B's has great cakes and sugar cookies as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment