9/27/10

forget your past, this is your last chance now

LCD Soundsystem's This is Happening has been one of those albums that has been in heavy rotation since it's May release. I was bummed when their performance at the Metro sold out while I was on a flight home from San Francisco, but those feelings were brushed aside when I saw them live for the first time at Pitchfork Music festival a few months later. James Murphy is a great performer. I'm just as anxious to see LCD Soundsystem in a few weeks at the Congress Theater as I was for Pitchfork.

In the meantime, I've had this awesome "unofficial" music video for "Home" to keep me entertained. "Home" is up there with "Dance Yrself Clean" as my favorite song on the album. I was quite pleased to hear that James Murphy played "Dance Yrself Clean" for the first time at his show in New York last week. Fingers are crossed that I get to hear it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment