9/13/10

it's so sexy to be living in america


It's really hard to believe that it's been 9 whole years since the terrorist attacks on 9/11. I wonder if that will be the "where were you when this happened?" event of my lifetime. Sort of a strange thought. I don't really reflect much upon my patriotism, but I do feel very fortunate to be living in this country. It's really quite lovely to watch our capability to unite when things get troublesome.

On a different & more cheerful note, I had quite a funny experience this weekend. This fun band called Dom was opening for RATATAT at the Riviera theater this past weekend. I like Dom & I like RATATAT, but I go to so many concerts a year that I really have to edit down what I can actually afford to go & see. This show was unfortunately not going to make the list, when a friend informed me that Dom had a number you could call to get your name on the guest list. I was a little skeptical, but gave it a shot anyways. I called, left a voicemail & a few minutes later got a call back. "Hi this is Dom from the band Dom. I heard you want to go to our show?" Um, what?! We had a short friendly chat & I was on the guest list!

I successfully made it through the security line & was ready to enjoy the show. About three songs into Dom's performance, they prelude a song with "...and this one is dedicated to Christine O'Connell!" I about died. Possibly one of the most bizarre things that has ever happened to me, but you know what? It made me feel pretty damn good! I'm not quite sure why I was the lucky fan, but I appreciated the gesture none the less. They even sent me a follow-up text message to make sure I got in the show. What great guys! I feel like since they gave me such a nice shout out at the show, the least I could do was give them a shout out on here.  They have some pretty fun songs, but this is my favorite...
PS. RATATAT killed it too. Such a great live performance. For some reason, every time I hear the song "Wild Cat" I picture myself being a 50 year old cougar. Love that song!

(via Le Fashion Image)

No comments:

Post a Comment