9/28/10

slightly naughty, but mostly nice

Yes, I realize it is still September, but I'm going to start making my Birthday/Christmas list. If I wait until the last minute I'll forget everything I was hoping for. I'm going to consider this a work-in-progress...

1. Pretty Books
I've been really excited about my growing book collection. I absolutely love all clothbound books from Coarlie Bickford-Smith & White's Books. Right now I'm really craving Coralie's F. Scott Fitzgerald series more than anything else. I pick & choose from others, but I will have this entire series. You can see more books I want at my Amazon Wishlist.

2. Japanese Tape
I'd like to think that I'm a pretty crafty girl. I like making the mundane into something pretty & Japanese washi tape is a quick & pretty fix. You can get some really cute options over at Etsy. I especially love this set from Nothing Elegant.

3. XO♥ Rings
I've never been a really big jewelry girl, but I'm starting to really want some simple, understated pieces. I've had my heart set on getting 3 adorable gold rings from Cat & Bird. I think it would be cute to get "x" & "o" rings to stack on my ring finger & then a little heart for my thumb. Is that tacky or cute? I think it's very me. Subtly girly!

4. Yoga Packages & Such
Hot yoga has turned one of my biggest hobbies in the past few months. Unfortunately, it is a very expensive hobby. I can justify it because it's good for the mind & body, but it takes a big cut out of my paycheck. Getting some classes, yoga towels, or yoga clothes would be a great treat for me (and my budget!).

5. Full Length Mirror
I've been eyeing this beauty from West Elm for a while. It's practical & I will keep it forever. I must have it.

6. Anything Glow-In-The-Dark or Neon
I don't know if you know this about me, but I go to a lot of concerts & quite simply, concerts are more fun with glow-sticks! I'm a little worried that all of these shows are turning me tacky. If it's glowing, neon, or sparkling I want it!

7. Black & White Throw Pillows
I think that I've more or less settled on a color scheme for my apartment & future apartments that I will be generally happy with. Part of that includes black & white. I've always loved those colors. Even as an 8 year old, my favorite color was white, not pink or purple like my friends. A quick & easy addition for my current place would be new throw pillows. I'm particularly loving dotschevron, stripes & ikat.

8. Ikea Girft Card
I've got a giant lust-list of items from Ikea that I'm craving. Most of the items are under $20 but that can add up quite fast! An Ikea gift card is like a double gift -- I get new things for my apartment & I get the treat of actually going to the store & shopping ...& maybe I'll get a Swedish meatball or two!

9. Disco Ball
When it comes to disco balls, my feeling is go big or go home. A 20" disco ball seems to be going for about $50 on eBay. I'm not sure where exactly I would put this glistening globe, but it will be someplace fabulous. How could it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment