9/27/10

red lights can mean go

A week ago I had the extreme pleasure of seeing Matt & Kim perform again in Chicago. Their music is so fun & they have the best energy of any performer I've ever seen live. If I had to pick, "I'll Take Us Home" is probably my favorite Matt & Kim song & I was ecstatic to hear it live.


When I go to concerts, I typically just expect to hear good music & be entertained. Matt & Kim (well, Kim specifically) did something really cool that I don't think typically happens at concerts. She took a minute to stand up on her seat & explain that there was no place that made her happier than being on stage & that she hoped everyone in the crowd was able to find that one place that made them just as happy. Maybe it's all this yoga that is making sentimental/potentially hokey talk get to me, but her words really struck a chord with me. What a lucky chick that she gets to do what she loves almost every night. I thought it was really cool & her words are definitely some food for thought. I wonder how many people can say the same as Kim? I don't think I'm quite there yet, but I have faith that it will happen one day.


Ps. Doesn't she look happy?
(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment