2/2/11

snowpocalypse 2011

Fear not -- I have indeed survived the Great Snowpocalypse of 2011!

A series of big work projects, friends stranded at Midway & the temptation to play in the snow kept me away from blogging the past few days. I've been pretty mentally worn down, but I'm happy to announce that that didn't make me as nutty as some people were about this storm!

Overall we got about 20 inches of snow, which puts February 1, 2011 as the 3rd snowiest day in the history of Chicago. Luckily the blizzard didn't hinder me too much & I was able to ride out the storm at Lincoln Hall with The Big Lebowski & $3 white Russians. Plus, I got to cross "experience thundersnow" off my life list! It was actually pretty cool & I kind of enjoyed venturing out in the weather.

A few notes on the Snowpocalypse:
- Chicago does an excellent job cleaning the roads. As a result, most people don't know how to drive in the snow, but they also don't really need to.


- Big thanks to the Lincoln Park trixies/housewives that I saw clearing the sidewalks. (For exercise, obviously). 

- Someone really needs to make a "dogs in the snow" website. I've seen some of the best photos of this in the past 24 hours. Keep 'em coming people!

- The Snowpocalypse doesn't prevent the alcoholics of Chicago from going out.

- The Cubs' press box blowing away during the blizzard is going to be the most exciting story coming out of Wrigley in 2011.

- I really want to try this snow cream recipe!

(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment