2/6/14

the range || metal swing


I am often curious about people's listening habits. I tend to think that I listen pretty deeply. I don't just hear mixes as one continuous track but I'll play on repeat until exhaustion + to the point where I can identify specific songs that really speak to me. This has become one of my favorite ways to listen to music. Albums are easy. Mixes are a challenge. If I'm lucky there is a track list or at least lyrics to go off of but sometimes I'm left wondering what exactly that piece of music was. That is the absolute worst.

Thankfully I was lucky enough to get a track list with David Harrington's (of Darkside) mix for Modular People. One of the tracks the caught my attention was The Range's "Everything But" which then led me to discover "Metal Swing". Really though, I'm enjoying the whole album.

That, my friends, is why music is fun to me. It's a hobby. One small sample can lead you down a rabbit hole of discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment