1/10/10

puddles vs. snow drifts

What's better: Jumping in puddles or plowing through snow drifts?
My vote goes to the snow drfits, but maybe that's the new Sorel boots talking...

via Nordstrom 

Such an excellent purchase and just in time for this weeks snow storm! I've never been a big Ugg girl, plus, they get destroyed from all of the sludge and salt. These babies are super heavy duty and unbelievably coushioned and warm. Walking down the sidewalk is a breeze.

Don't get me wrong, puddles are fun too. I spent a good month in the Fall of 2008 splashing around in these rainboots from Sperry. I loved the pattern and got a ton of compliments, but then this happned...

On both shoes! That's my issue with rainboots -- you wear them on one day that just a tad bit too cold and then CRACK, they're ruined! What a let down.
I'm still contemplating picking up a pair of Hunter rainboots this Spring though. Chicago can get quite a bit of rain and the sewage system is terrible. There are plenty of days when rainboots are quite handy, but it's too warm for my sheepskin Sorel's.
Hunter has been releasing a bunch of new colors recently, but here are the one's that I am leaning towards as of now.

Glossy Graphite Grey via Nordstrom

Glossy Violet via Nordstrom

Aubergine via Zappos
I'm leaning most towards Graphite Grey for practicality purposes, but I really love the Aubergine color.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment