1/12/10

songza sets


This past week I have read articles from Mashable and Thrillest Chicago about a music based website called Songza Sets. I listen to music all day at work and then usually again in the afternoon when I'm working out. As proud as I am about my music collection, there are times when I get a little bored with my library. Songza Sets is a great way to experience new music from people that truly love music. I haven't been disappointed yet. 
Here's what the website has to say:

Our expert team of music curators make "Sets" for your listening pleasure. A Set is a collection of 12 songs based on an interesting topic or theme. For example, we have Sets about murder ballads, music from the 2009 CMJ festival, current chart-topping singles, music released by the Domino Recording Co., pre-Nirvana grunge, progressive Bluegrass, music performed on In Living Color, and many more. Currently, all of our Sets are organized into three basic categories (though we plan to expand soon): Mainstream Pop, American Roots, and Independent.
The basis for Songza Sets is the idea that the best listening experiences are created by people who love (and who love to share) music, not by robots or algorithms that try to predict what you like. We won't use computers to try to predict what you will like; instead, we will collect great music and package it for you in interesting and informative ways. And we'll do it for free.
Enjoy!
I wish they released new sets more often, but follow them on Twitter @songzasets to learn about the latest set lists.

I love the Indie Sales Pitch set!

No comments:

Post a Comment