6/20/10

happy father's day!

Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful dads out there!

I'm lucky enough to get to spend it with my super awesome Dad in Chicago. I feel so blessed that I got to grow up with someone like him to look up to. He is the smartest man I know & is always encouraging me to try my best. Whenever I'm really struggling with something, he's usually the one I go to for good, sound advice.

When I was a Freshman at DePaul & living in the dorms I had a really awful roommate who was just so nasty to be around. I hated arguing with her & she was honestly making me go nutty. While my mom's advice was something along the lines of, "You need to be a bitch back!" (not my style), I remember my dad telling me, "Christine, calm down. It's not worth it. You can't win an argument with an ignoramus." That piece of advice has stuck with me ever since.

My father is a dentist, so this poster definitely reminds me of another piece of advice he gave out often :)

Love you, Dad!

(poster via Hickoree's)

PS. The photo above is my absolute favorite photo of my Dad that was taken after he ran the Chicago marathon in 100+ degree heat (!!!) Yikes! He certainly deserved that beer. He's ran almost 10 marathons now. It's so inspiring. Maybe one day I'll join him.

No comments:

Post a Comment