6/4/10

change of (travel) plans

I absolutely love this photo from Mate Ugrin that I saw on Mandr.

While a Mexican beach vacation sounds like absolute heaven, I'm also dying to get back and explore Europe a little more like these two people in the photo above. I spent two weeks in Italy (which were perfect), but that is the extent of my European travels.

I graduated a year ago, and my present from my parents was a free trip wherever I wanted. I still haven't cashed it in, but I'm also not quite sure where I would like to explore. Here are a few places that have piqued my interest:


Santorini
SuperluciousDesign For MankindGeorge Katsavos & {frolic}
Barcelona
LuVivesBornay (x2) & The Sartorialist
Prague
Stevacek & Hollister + Hovey
South of France
GBatistini, Farm3Resolution06The Sartorialist & {frolic}
I'm certainly going to have to put more thought into this trip. I don't know all that much about European cities, but these five have caught my eye in one way or another. Luckily, I've had a lot of friends that have spent time studying abroad. Regrettably, I never did, but I'm sure they can give me plenty of advice when the time comes.

For now, I'm just going to keep dreaming. Trips like this can be quite hard to plan for with work. Plus, there's that tiny matter of finding an appropriate travel buddy.

P.S. My real dream vacation is to visit French Polynesia. Specifically, Tahiti & Bora Bora.

No comments:

Post a Comment