7/29/10

beach hair


I'm not one of those people that can justify spending $$$ on hair products, but a few years back I was curious to try Bumble & Bumble's Surf Spray based on a recommendation from my stylist. Bad decision on my part, because I obviously became obsessed. It's such a cute & easy Summer option. 4 oz. of the spray goes for $23.00. Not terrible, but still more than I am willing to pay.

I was several months into my Surf Spray withdrawal, when I came across a very simple & inexpensive recipe for Bumble & Bumble's Surf Spray. I swear, it works just like the real thing.

Instructions
  • 1 teaspoon epsom salt. Available at drugstores
  • 1 generous squirt of hair gel. Make sure it's water-based. Water should be one of the first ingredients
  • 4 ounces of water
  • Combine all in a spray bottle & shake well
If you decide to try this for yourself, I'd suggest going a day without washing your hair before using it & spray it onto dry hair. The outcome looks much better. Also, if you currently have a Bumble & Bumble's Surf Spray bottle, save the empty bottle. It works great and sprays just the right amount.

I'm sure the results vary, but here's a good idea of what it will do to your mane:
(via xoxo ess)



No comments:

Post a Comment