7/21/10

festival fashion

I try to be really strategic with the outfits that I wear to outdoor music festivals. Typically, these summer festivals are very hot & trying to look cute in 90 degree weather isn't necessarily an easy task. Comfort & mobility are important factors as well.

I've got one 2-day festival under my belt & I feel like I've uncovered some keys to staying comfortable:

Athletic Clothing
I feel like I've uncovered the holy grail of festival fashion. I doubt I will ever go to an outdoor festival again without wearing a top from Lulumemon. Not only do their tops come in a wide variety of colors & levels of support, but they also are built to absorb sweat & are super comfy. What else could you possibly need?

I'm one of those girls that can't go bra-less, but these tops offer as much or as little support as you need. I tend to go for the more dancer or yoga inspired tops like the Gather Dance Strap Tank & the Hip Halter Tank because they're a little more breathable & flowy. I also tend to be boring & buy them in black & white.

Hats
I'm typically not much of a hat girl, but I might reconsider for Lollapalooza. These festivals can get hot. Pair that with dancing & alcohol & it can be a rough day. Any extra bit of shade is going to be a big help. This straw hat from Rosa Cha & fedora from Tarnish would be cute options.

Something Fun
 Concerts are for having fun, so I like to accessorize that way. Everyone has their own style, so I can't really offer guidance, but lately, my fun concert accessory has been feathery earrings. They're light & can be as bright or as neutral as you would like. I got these two adorable pairs from Wild Spirits & Ferrindeloach on Etsy.

Something Cool
Not necessarily fashionable, but spray bottles & fans can save the day.

I hope these ideas are helpful. I would have put a section about comfortable footwear as well, but that's one area I still need to work on. I ended up barefoot all day Saturday at Pitchfork!

Happy Festivaling!

No comments:

Post a Comment