7/30/10

one hundred list

I've seen a lot of bloggers that keep personal to-do lists or "bucket lists". I was recently inspired by Laura at Life. Beauty. Laughter. & her one hundred list. This list contains 100 things that she wants to do in her lifetime.
I like the idea of setting goals & having dreams, so here is my list:
1. Travel alone
2. Keep my blog until at least 2015
3. Never have a big backyard without a dog in it
via Sharon Montrose
4. Throw a dinner party
5. Manage all of my “look books”
6. Learn how to cook a collection of delicious meals
7. Teach a hot yoga class
8. Have a classy collection of simple, everyday jewelry


9. Go skydiving
10. Take an art class
11. Spend a few days clubbing in Ibiza + then a few more recovering in the South of France
via Aaron Dieppa
12. Visit a rain forest
13. Live in a foreign country (or at least get out of the Midwest for a bit)
14. Treat my parents to an evening out
15. Run a marathon with my Dad
16. Develop a garden with peonies
17. Get confident at skiing
18. Decorate a beautiful home to my liking
19. Don’t settle for any man
20. Buy a bike with a basket + actually ride it
via The Sartorialist
21. Volunteer
22. Visit the Big Sur + talk to my mom about the experience
23. Treat myself to a spa day
24. Splurge on a beautiful purse
25. Become a great wife + mother
26. Keep a fully stocked bar
27. Eat at Alinea
via Alinea
28. Learn a different language
29. Work out every morning (or close to) for a year
30. Become a wine expert
31. Take a dance class
32. Visit New York City, Portland, Seattle, Miami...
33. Go on an exotic cruise to see if I like it
34. Remain close with friends
35. See what Australia is all about
36. Develop a solid group of concert buddies
37. Purchase artwork --This will be ongoing, but I've bought a lot in the past year
38. Learn some carpentry skills
39. Dye my hair a totally different color
40. Honeymoon in French Polynesia
41. Love my wardrobe
42. Own a pair of Christian Louboutin Shoes
43. Keep personal journals
44. Make a greatest hits playlist each year of songs that were significant that particular year
45. Have a collection of sexy lingerie + wear it often
via Frou Frou Fashionista
46. Befriend someone that needs it
47. Learn the simple basics of sewing
48. Develop an armory of professional skillsets
49. Join a book club
50. Own a Vespa
via JB55
51. Really go camping
52. Be the best aunt ever
53. Go skydiving
54. Go to a music festival in a different country
55. Get fresh flowers from the farmer’s market weekly
56. Learn more about world religions
57. Do a cleanse
58. Don’t allow many white walls
59. Create a backyard oasis
via Ikea
60. Take a shot at surfing
61. Do what I can to support + promote an undiscovered artist -- I've still got my eyes out for more talented artists!
62. Take a self-defense class
63. Learn how to style my own hair
64. Go sailing (preferably in the Mediterranean)
65. Get a kiss every night before I fall asleep
66. Paint a wall in my house black
via Elements of Style
67. Take a stab at reupholstering a piece of furniture
68. Take my children to museums
69. Sing karaoke by myself
70. Make a speech
71. Throw a fabulous DIY bridal, bachelorette +/or baby shower
via Style Me Pretty
72. Join a professional organization
73. Have my own office at home (preferably in a shed)
via Bright.Bazaar
74. Learn web design
75. Learn to tolerate onions
76. Have an amazing rooftop deck with a pool +/or hammock
via Le Meridien
77. Stop cursing
78. Join a running club
79. Go scuba diving
80. Learn more about good personal finance practices
81. Be a good influence on someone who needs it
82. Have my own Christmas tree
83. Spend a day taking photos around the city
84. Make the first move
85. Fill a bookshelf with all books that I’ve read
via i suwannee
86. Not live paycheck to paycheck
87. Have a photographer for a day on my honeymoon
via Coco+Kelley
88. Find inner peace + don’t lose it
Like Laura, I stopped before 100. It's actually quite difficult to come up with such a big list & I think I should leave some open slots for any new dreams that come up.

What would be on your list? Am I missing anything major?

No comments:

Post a Comment