7/1/14

neglect

I've been neglecting my home lately. It's amazing how priorities can change with the seasons. My cabin-fever fueled home purchases in Winter have now transitioned to liquor, cab fare, + festival tickets. Not complaining one bit though. When comparing physical items to experiences, experiences always trump.

When I finally get back to planning my home I may go an entirely different route. Well, that's a lie. I just primarily want new seating. My dark blue sectional + verdigris green love seat have served me well over the years but swapping those out will make a huge difference. I'm leaning towards light grey/blue + tan leather. Let's look for some inspiration:


1 | 2 | 3 | 4

I like these colors because as you can see in some of the examples above it allows me to introduce more accent colors + patterns. Trying to find rugs, pillows, etc to go with dark blue and green is a bit trickier. This color palette both lightens + warms the room which are two things my current arrangement is lacking.

I think it will be a long time before I get to a place where I can make these updates/purchases but I am liking this game plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment