3/1/10

i.

 Sewing!

This urge really popped out of nowhere. I follow a lot of blogs and many of these offer cute do-it-yourself ideas. I immediately cast aside any project that requires sewing. With the exception of sewing buttons, I can't do anything with a needle and thread. I find myself passing up more and more adorable do-it-yourself projects simply because I don't know how to work a sewing machine. Well, I think I'm ready to change that.

I've been looking around a little bit for a "starter" sewing machine that is easy to use and affordable, and it looks like I'm leaning towards this one. I would love any additional advice though.
Even though I'm not expecting any nieces or nephews in the near future, I've got my heart set on testing out my skills on this sweet craft project from Inchmark. She got the design from Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter. I'm going to have to add this book to my list of purchases, and hopefully I'll have this bag mastered by the time a little one is introduced to my family.

I'm also planning to take a couple of sewing classes. I know that JoAnn's offers classes, but I'm also interested in trying out The Needle Shop in Bucktown. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that this new hobby might have to wait until the Summer. I'll keep you posted!

(top photo via DharmaLemon)

**********************************************************************************
This weeks theme is the seven personal goals I want to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment