3/16/10

vi.

Photography
I know this one is probably a shocker since you've all gotten so accustomed to my quality iPhone photos, but I'm dying to get back into/get better at photography. I'm by no means a pro, but I have a basic understanding of composition and how to shoot with a manual camera. I still have my Canon Rebel camera from my Introduction to Photography class in my senior year or high school and it's a shame that I'm just letting it collect dust in my room. My digital camera has been a little temperamental lately, so I should probably have that looked at as well -- or replace it. Ugh.

Photography is a great hobby. In addition to having a beautiful documentation of your life, photography encourages exploration and looking at the world you live in a little bit differently. It also gives me an opportunity to get some of that fresh air that I so desperately need. (I know what you're thinking. I live in Chicago. The air is not fresh. You get the point).

Here are two prints from my high school class. They were taken of a fountain at the St. Louis Zoo and are currently hanging in my kitchen. I kind of love them. (In real life, not in these horrible iPhone photos)


(Panda photo via This Isn't Happiness)


No comments:

Post a Comment