3/22/10

shopping cart

I've been trying to be more mindful of my spending habits lately, but I got a little disoriented when I saw that my tax refund had been deposited into my banking account. I was responsible and put half of the refund into my savings account, while allowing myself to have a little fun this past weekend with the other half. In my defense, I think I'm doing a much better job at distinguishing smart purchases from careless purchases. 

I just renewed the lease on my studio and now that I know that I have another year in this spot, I'm really focused on making it as cute and cosy as possible and that's where most of my funds have gone recently. I love some of the things that I have bought recently. Take a look...

I've had so much fun with my new Pantone app. I could seriously sit around and create color palette after color palette all day long. This combination is the direction in which I'd like my home furnishings to go. The somewhat ugly green color in the middle is actually the very lovely color of my current love seat. I also really love dark brown wood so I want that to be the color of my furniture. The rest will probably be filled in with light, cool colors. I might throw in some pops of bright pink or yellow fresh flowers or knick-knacks to keep it interesting.

I finally got a frame for my beautiful LOVE print by Jennifer Ramos. This photo is really poor quality and you can get a better look at this print and Jennifer's other items at her Etsy shop. This frame was on clearance at Michael's for $24.99. I thought it looked really unique and my mind was instantly pulled to these West Elm barstools that I'm dying to purchase. They go together perfectly!

My Penguin Classics book collection by Coralie Bickford-Smith is starting to grow as well. I'm currently sticking with the blue books, but I couldn't resist the adorable Adventure's of Alice in Wonderland edition in hot pink. Sense & Sensibility has a little hint of pink as well, so I made the exception. I have also ordered The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oliver Twist, The Woman In White and The Odyssey, but unfortunately, they will not be delivered until October 4, 2010. The wait is going to kill me, but at least I will have a pleasant surprise coming my way in the Fall. 

I think this weekend I might finally buy that CB2 bar table I've been eyeing. It's the most expensive piece that I want, so I figure I might as well get this before my tax refund "mysteriously" disappears. My weekend should be pretty uneventful too, so building this would make for a fun weekend project.

...And yes, I'm serious. I love building things. If I could do it all over again, I would become a carpenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment