3/10/10

iv.


Learn a language!

A couple months back I was riding the CTA when a group of French twenty-somethings boarded the train. I fell head over heels in love with the way their words rolled off their tongues. French is such a beautiful language. I had to have it.

...but then I got thinking...

Is French the most practical? Am I just going for practicality or should I consider ease of learning? What about the potential travel destinations that will open up by knowing a particular language? I really want to learn a new language somewhere down the road, but my mind is pulled in so many directions.

I have three years of Spanish under my belt and I did fairly well in those classes. I remember a decent amount from school, and  I could always read and write Spanish pretty well. Listening and speaking it was where it got tricky for me.

Then there's German. A little more challenging, but my mother felt the need to inform me that it was on a list of the top 100 things to learn in 2010. Or was it this decade? No matter, Germany is becoming a big global player and knowing this language could potentially put me at an advantage in my future career.
But French is so pretty.

Sigh...

I'll be honest though, as much as I would like for this to happen, I don't anticipate it being anytime soon.

(Hello print by Jennifer Ramos)
**********************************************************
This weeks theme is seven personal goals I want to accomplish

No comments:

Post a Comment