4/19/10

clearly

Lucky magazine recently featured a Spring '10 accessories report based around clear accessories. I've gotta say, Im not quite buying this trend. Something about this just screams "I'm cheap!" I mean, come on -- a clear purse? That's just ridiculous. Clear shoes? I though those were only reserved for strippers? I could maybe see the jewelry working in select situations, but I think the lucite should just be left for the home.
 via CB2
Source unknown. Can anyone help?

I really love the look of lucite furniture, and it can be a great option for smaller spaces, like my studio. Lucite furniture serves its practical purposes, but it doesn't create the bulkiness of solid furniture. Lucite coffee tables are also great if you don't want to cover up a beautiful living room rug.

I've debated getting a few lucite items for my apartment, but there's still a part of me that fears this trend might die in the near future. Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment